Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Land of Moon?

So these lil Argentineans were on sale for $6.97, so not buying both seemed just silly.  I tried the red first (I think on its own..?) and then the white to go with Mexican food.  It wasn't cold, so I gave it the ol' ice/water/salt bath and swirled my glass with cubes.  This was necessary, because the only other thing I had in my fridge that would go with Mexican food, was a can of Shlitz. Don't ask.





For the red:
This wine smells like coffee and tastes like blueberries, I kid you not. Easy drinking and mellow, and thats about it.









For the white:
Think Honeydew when its still got that zing at the end, just before its fully ripe.  It has a slight peach flavor, which I assume comes from the small bit of Chardonnay thrown in there, which also gave it a creamy texture. Cooled down the spice in my quesadilla just fine.




Worth $7? Yes.  Worth $10? No.

Wine: 2008 Tierra de Luna Syrah-Malbec & 2008 Tierra de Luna Torrontes-Chardonnay
Varietal:  Red: 80% Syrah, 20% Malbec. White: 80% Torrontes, 20% Chardonnay
Region/Country: Mendoza, Argentina
Price: $6.97 (on sale from 9.97)
Location: World Market

No comments:

Post a Comment