French wines are hit or miss with me. Some are outstanding, and leave me yearning for more. Others, taste like sewage. I rarely find a mediocre French wine worthy of everyday sipping without meriting praise or criticism. You can probably guess how this review is going to go.
This Cab-Shiraz blend was neither Cabby nor Shirazy, but it wasn't bad. It was earthy (think the smell of dirt not the taste of dirt). It was medium-bodied, but didn't really coat my mouth. It had flavor, but nothing stood out. It lingered, but not for long. Catch my drift? Good wine, but I wouldn't serve it to company. Unless company are beer drinkers.
On a side note, the Pinot Noir from these guys is supposed to be good, but I can't vouch for that yet.
Wine: 2006 Le Grand Noir Cabernet-Shiraz
Varietal: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Shiraz
Region/Country: Languedoc-Roussillon
Price: $9.99
Location: World Market
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment