My wine racks are usually filled with reds. Whites are reserved for cooking, drinking while cooking, and summer months. In North Cackalacky, summer months last a bit longer, so I tend to stock up on an even amount of whites and reds. August has been great for refreshing whites, but it's time for a red review. I am usually all about the tannins in red wine. Give me a good Napa Cab or an old vine Zin any day of the week. However, if I'm not having a big juicy steak, I sometimes prefer a red a little on the lighter side. Malbecs are perfect for drinking by themselves, drinking with food, or drinking with friends. This Malbec has a great beginning with luscious fruit to follow. My sister, who likes wines that "don't have a lingering finish" would love this. It has excellent flavor, but stops right after you swallow. It isn't too light, isn't too heavy, but has that great full bodied feel in your mouth. A touch of plum and a touch of oak. Just a nice smooth red wine. Mmmm.
Wine: 2008 Urban Uco Malbec
Region/Country: Mendoza, Argentina
Price: $9.99 (on sale from $10.99)
No comments:
Post a Comment