The first time I had this wine, I was sitting at my coffee table in my hole-in-a-wall apartment, eating spaghetti, my sophomore year of college. It was awful. So awful, I actually poured it out (I know!). Pouring out wine is like spitting on God, (except when I legally have to do it for my wine tasting job, which is just plain painful). So, needless to say, this wine was pretty bad. Back then, I didn't know how to tell the difference between a wine I didn't like, and a corked wine. I was reluctant to try it again, but had heard good things...and I needed a wine to go with meatloaf. Italy was a clear choice, but $10 is my absolute limit, so I was talked into this fella by a co-worker. Thank you, co-worker. Smooth, bright cherries, with a hint of leather. Perfect with the meatloaf, as it is medium-bodied, so it doesn't overpower or mask any flavors of the food. Maybe my first bottle was corked, maybe it was a bad vintage, (or maybe I was just hungover?) but this wine definitely deserved a second try.Wine: 2006 Colosi Sicilia Rosso
Varietals: 100% Nero d'Avola
Region/Country: Sicily, Italy
Price: $9.99
No comments:
Post a Comment