So, I had to take my kittens (yes, they are named after wines) to get fixed today. This was not fun. On the ride home, they kept giving me that "what did I do to deserve this" look. And to make matters worse, they have to wear these awful "E-Collars" (you know, those cone shaped things that keep them from licking themselves?), which needless to say, they hated. And when I say hate, I mean run around aimlessly as fast as you can trying to bash into things to get it off. Good thing my apartment is about the size of a dumpster.Anyway, my nerves were in need of some soothing. Enter Bear's Lair Viognier.
Light and smooth (almost velvety in the mouth), this had the taste of papaya and mango with a kick of lemon at the end. As it warmed in the glass, hints of vanilla came through to round out this pleasant white. It didn't have the honey and melon that usually comes with a Viognier, but thats the best thing about wine; they all taste different! I recommend picking this up to combat the stress (or guilt of castrating) in your life.
*I realize this is a picture of the 2006 bottle, but if you are that picky, please buy me a camera so I can take a picture of the real thing.
Wine: 2007 Bear's Lair Viognier
Varietals: 100% Viognier
Region/Country: Napa, California
Price: $5.99
No comments:
Post a Comment